“A good cook knows that it's not what's on the table that matters, it's who is in the chairs.”

Monday, March 3, 2008

Slow Cooker Lasagna

This recipe was adapted from the awesome family recipe.

SLOW COOKER LASAGNA
2 pounds ground turkey
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 small zucchini
2 (28oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
16 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
1 (24 oz) low-fat cottage cheese
2 t. dried Italian seasoning
2/3 cups water
2 (4oz.) cans of mushrooms
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese


Cook turkey and Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles; drain. Combine spaghetti sauce, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, seasoned meat and water in pan, cook about ½ hour (I did this the day before). Layer thinly in bottom of lightly greased 5-quart electric slow cooker: uncooked lasagna noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese & mozzarella cheese. Repeat for each layer (approx 4 total layers). Cover & cook on high setting for 1 hour; reduce heat & cook on low setting for 5 hours. Can do ahead and store in fridge!! Yields 8 Servings (I have the very large rival crock pot, it was pretty full)

My daughter said this was SOO yummy!! I thought so too!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting me. You have some good recipes here - this looks like one my family would like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again - I see you're from Michigan. I am too. I live fairly near Lake Michigan. Hope you enjoyed the warm weather this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margie, do you have a good pot-luck idea? I always bring meatballs and I'm trying to come up with something new

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks great! I will try this!! I am always looking for good slow cooker recipes.. makes life much easier :) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete