“A good cook knows that it's not what's on the table that matters, it's who is in the chairs.”

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

I use green peppers, you can use any kind you like :)

4-5 peppers
1 lb ground turkey
1 small onion
2 cups brown rice, cooked (I make it in big batches and freeze it so I have it on hand)
1/2 t hot pepper flakes
2-3 T ketchup
1 c cheddar cheese (I don't always do this, but today I did)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 14 oz cans tomato sauce

Brown ground turkey with onion (salt & pepper if you like), drain (there shouldn't be much to drain). Turn off heat.
Add rice, pepper flakes, ketchup, beans, cheese, mix well.

Cut pepper 'tops' off, you can save them to put on top or freeze them next time you need peppers.

Stuff the peppers, put in crockpot, add tomato sauce all around.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.

I toyed with adding taco seasoning - maybe next time, this is one of Phyllis's favorite things to eat and we haven't had it in awhile so I left it how she likes it.

1 comment:

  1. Margie, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a Comment!

    You said you sometimes have trouble with Commenting. I think it's because some blogs have Word Verification Setting on, and that is a major p-a-i-n. I so dislike Word Ver.! Grrrrr...

    For a while, I felt the need to read all my Comments, before they Published. And so, I had Comment Verification Setting on. But then, I have tried not having it on, for the daily post. I still have Comment Ver. on, for older than my present post though.

    But Comment Verification does not make my Dear Readers do any jumping-through-hoops, like the *dreaded* Word Verification does.

    You have a lot of blogs listed on your Profile Page and I don't know which is your main blog. But since this one, has the latest entry date, I am leaving my Comment here.

    Gentle hugs...
    OH MY! You have Word Ver. Setting on!!!

    ReplyDelete